Top member in the Supreme Political Council in Yemen, Mohammad Ali Al-Houthi, has held the UN Security Council responsible for the famine in Yemen.
Al-Houthi said on Twitter that “the Saudi coalition and the Security Council are held responsible for the famine,” stressing that the Yemenis reject political maneuvers and will not accept bargaining over the humanitarian arrangements.
بيان مجلس الأمن أكد ماتوقعناه قبل الجلسة
وهو مايؤكد انعدام المعايير والتوجه الصادق الذي عاشه ويعيشه المجلس باستمرار
وليس خليق بالمجلس مايقوم به من أداءمترهل و سقوط مدوي على كافةالأصعدة
اننا نحمل دول العدوان ومجلس الأمن المجاعة باليمن التي يخشاهاالمجلس كونه شريك في صنعهاكالعدوان
— محمد علي الحوثي (@Moh_Alhouthi) April 17, 2021
Two days ago, al-Houthi said that the position of the UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths at the UN Security Council legitimised the continuation of the siege on Yemen. The UN Security Council had earlier condemned Yemeni advances in the Ma’rib governorate, and expressed its condemnation of the Yemeni Armed Forces’ retaliatory attacks against Saudi Arabia, without condemning Saudi Arabia for the continued war against a siege of Yemen.
Mohammed al-Houthi asserted that what was issued by the Security Council clarifies the “lack of standards and sincere approach by the Council.”