Hamas representative in Gaza: Zionist threats do not scare us

Hamas representative in Gaza: Zionist threats do not scare us

Hamas spokesman in Gaza, Hazem Qassem had on Monday responded to Zionist Defence Minister Benny Gantz’s remarks, in which he threatened to launch a new military action against the Gaza Strip.

“Gantz’s threats of new military action in Gaza were an attempt to restore the image of his army,” the Hamas spokesman said.

“Gantz’s remarks are an attempt to restore the image of his army, which was greatly shaken by the performance of the resistance in the Sword of al-Quds battles ,” Qassem explained.

“These threats are an attempt to sell the illusion to the Zionist public. The occupation always resorts to the threat of war and aggression, and our people are accustomed to such threats, which do not scare them nor our resistance,” Qassem affirmed.

“We are engaged in a legitimate struggle to recover our rights, our land, our holy places and our right to a decent life and freedom, and we will continue to do so despite threats.”

Earlier on Sunday, Gantz said in an interview with the Israeli channel 13 that “the Israeli army will take new military action in Gaza if incendiary balloons continue to be released from the Gaza Strip.”

“After the recent operation, we said that we would not accept the current situation, so the continued release of balloons will lead us to another confrontation,” the Zionist minister said, adding that the army is “working to identify more targets in the Gaza Strip.”

Join the discussion