The restoration of Ma’rib city is a matter of time,” Yemeni Defence Minister Major General Mohammad al-Atifi has affirmed, considering that “the global aggression against Yemen has already been defeated.
“The recovery of Ma’rib is a matter of time. You will soon hear news that will delight our people and all the free people of the nation in restoring Ma’rib to the homeland,” the Defence Minister said in an interview with the Lebanese newspaper Al-Akhbar on Wednesday.
Al-Atifi stressed that Ma’rib is Yemeni land and said that “every occupied Yemeni region will return to Yemeni sovereignty. This is a foregone conclusion and not open to discussion.”
He stressed that most of the districts of Ma’rib have been secured by the Army and Popular Committees.
The Minister insisted that Yemeni oil is part of the sovereign wealth of the country, and belongs to the people.
“We have strategic deterrence weapons that can deter any direct or indirect aggression that may target our oil facility in Safer or any other Yemeni facilities,” he added. “The response will be in the depth of the aggression countries and all of its oil facilities.”
He affirmed that until now, the Yemeni Armed Forces have not even started the stage of inflicting “great pain” on the Saudi-led coalition members, a campaign that has been was promised by President Mahdi al-Mashat if the war continues.
“It is a stage that will cause the enemy to lose his balance, and will be extremely painful. If the enemy continues in its tyranny and aggression, it will force us to move to this stage.”
Meanwhile, minister al-Atifi explained that the Ma’rib initiative is “primarily humanitarian” and “expresses true national legitimacy and a strategic vision for the revolutionary and political leadership stemming from a free and independent will.”
“We are concerned about the lives of the displaced. The aggression and its tools are using the displaced as human shields,” he added.
The Minister of Defencr confirmed that the general amnesty that had been issued by the revolutionary and political leadership, has been issued from a position of strength and is still open for anyone who wants to defect from the Saudi side and return to normal life in Yemen.
The minister confirmed that “the fate of the tools of aggression will be more miserable than what the US practiced against its agents in Afghanistan.”
Regarding the presence of British forces in Mahrah province, Major General al-Atifi affirmed that their military presence is an open occupation and a case of colonisation.
“We will reach all the invaders in the occupied Yemeni islands, and we will not rest until we restore every occupied inch of our Yemeni land,” he added.
“We are the ones who will secure maritime navigation within the scope of our responsibility. The official statements of the official spokesman of the Armed Forces are what we acknowledge and announce,” the Minister of Defence said. “Riyadh and Abu Dhabi are blackmailing the international community and trying to internationalise the Red Sea and Bab al-Mandab.”
Al-Atifi threatened the forces of aggression by saying: “as long as the countries of aggression continue their aggression and siege on our people, great pain will befall them, and the Yemeni might will reach the depths of sensitive areas.”
He pointed out that “the end of the battle will be set by the revolutionary and political leadership, by defeating every intruder, invader, occupier and mortgagor from this country and ensuring full, free and independent national sovereignty in Yemen.”
Major General al-Atifi stressed that “the global aggression against Yemen had been defeated and it has no choice but to admit the horrific defeat, if it has the courage.”
The Minister of Defence stressed that “the steadfastness of the Yemeni people and the sacrifices of the heroes of the Army and Popular Committees have thwarted the scheme to redraw Zionist-US-British-French influence in the region.”