Al Jazeera correspondent Sameer al-Namri revealed on Saturday arrangements made by officials in the Saudi-led coalition-backed government to flee Yemen.
In a post on his Facebook account, al-Namri said: “Imagine that dozens of Yemeni government officials have applied for asylum in European countries.”
Al-Namri confirmed that pro-coalition “received protection support amounts” from European countries where they were granted asylum.
“The strange thing is that they are still on the job and receive their salaries in dollars from the coalition-backed government,” Namri said.
There is a belief among Yemeni officials loyal to the coalition that their stay in Yemen depends on the existence of the coalition that will not last long in the country, which led these officials to loot public funds. The looting was described as “the largest in the history of Yemen.”
While many experts and political analysts had predicted that Yemen would coexist with a fate similar to that of the Afghan government, whose officials fled during the withdrawal of the US forces and the Taliban takeover of the country last year, something that observers expected to happen inevitably in Yemen, which the flying of the coalition -backed officials after Sanaa’s control of all of Yemen.