Over 30 missiles launched from Lebanon into Zionist entity in retaliation for Al-Aqsa Mosque desecration

Over 30 missiles launched from Lebanon into Zionist entity in retaliation for Al-Aqsa Mosque desecration

At least 30 rockets have reportedly been launched from southern Lebanon into the Israeli-occupied territories in retaliation for raids by Israeli forces that stormed the al-Aqsa Mosque compound overnight and attacked Palestinian worshipers as they were observing the holy month of Ramadan.

According to the Israeli public broadcaster KAN, the projectiles slammed into the Western and Upper Galilee areas in the northern part of the territories, with some causing injuries and damage.

Israel’s military said it had “identified 34 rockets that were fired from Lebanese territory into Israeli territory”.

“Five rockets landed in Israeli territory,” added the military statement that followed the attack, which was not immediately claimed by any group.

Lebanese media reports said the Israeli artillery targeted the towns of al-Qalila and al-Maaliya and the Zabqin region in southern Lebanon.

Lebanese sources also reported the flight of Israeli spy drones at a low altitude over southern Lebanon.

Meanwhile, the office of Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that a high-level security cabinet will convene tonight following rocket attacks from Lebanon.

The meeting will come after an assessment Netanyahu is expected to carry out with the regime’s high-ranking military officials.

The cabinet has not met in nearly two months.

The attack marks the largest number of rockets fired from Lebanon since the 33-day war in 2006 between Lebanon’s Hezbollah resistance movement and Israel, during which thousands of rockets were launched at the occupied lands.

In August 2021, Hezbollah also fired 19 rockets at northern Israel.

Earlier on Thursday, Hezbollah said it would support “all measures” Palestinian resistance groups may take against Israel after regime forces violently raided the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in the occupied Old City of al-Quds.

“Hezbollah forcefully denounces the assault carried out by the Israeli occupation forces against the al-Aqsa Mosque compound and its attacks on the faithful,” Hezbollah said in a statement.

“Hezbollah proclaims its full solidarity with the Palestinian people and the resistance groups, and pledges that it will stand with them in all measures they take to protect worshipers and al-Aqsa Mosque and to deter the enemy from continuing its attacks,” the statement noted.

Source: Press TV